~ FFL Dealer Since 1990~
Family owned and operated
WE BUY AND SELL FIREARMS
SPECIAL ORDERS WEEKLY
NRA INSTRUCTOR FOR PISTOL SAFETY CLASS
.223 Rem .55 gr InStock
7.62X39 In Stock
6.8 SPC In Stock
6.5 Creedmoor Low Stock
.308 150gr In Stock
30-30 In Stock
30-06 In Stock
.243 In Stock
35 Remington In Stock
30 Carbine Low Stock
7mm In Stock
7mm-08 Low Stock
22-250 In Stock
25-06 Low Stock
.17HMR In Stock
.22LR In Stock
.22 Mag In Stock
.270 Win Low Stock
.270 WSM Low Stock
220 Swift Low Stock
300 Win Mag In Stock
300 WSM In Stock
300 Ultra Mag Low Stock
250 Savage Low Stock
50BMG Low Stock
SHOT GUN CARTRIDGES
12 ga #8 In Stock
12ga Slugs In Stock
12ga 00 Buck Low Stock
.410 ga Low Stock
9mm In Stock
10mm Auto In Stock
25 Auto Low Stock
45 ACP In Stock
45 GAP In Stock
.40 S&W In Stock
44 Mag In Stock
.357 Mag In Stock
45LColt Low Stock
.380 Auto In Stock
.38 Special In Stock
.38 S&W Out of Stock
50 AE Special Order
500 S&W Special Order
454 Casull Special Order
IF WE DO NOT HAVE YOUR CALIBER IN-STOCK, WE CAN SPECIAL ORDER IT FOR YOU
RULES & REGULATIONS
ALL INFO LISTED BELOW, COURTESEY OF HONOLULU POLICE DEPARTMENT
PERMIT TO AQUIRE
Reference HRS 134-2
No person shall acquire the ownership of a firearm, whether usable or unusable, serviceable or unserviceable, modern or antique, registered under prior law or by prior owner or unregistered, either by purchase, gift, inheritance, bequest, or in any other manner, whether procured in the state or imported by mail, until the person has first procured from the chief of police of the county that the person is in, a permit to acquire the ownership of a firearm as prescribed in this section.
When title to any firearm is acquired by inheritance or bequest, the foregoing permit shall be obtained before taking possession of a firearm; provided that upon presentation of a copy of the death certificate of the owner making the bequest, any heir or legatee may transfer the inherited or bequested firearm directly to a dealer licensed under section 134-31 or licensed by the United States Department of the Treasury without complying with the requirements of this section.
APPLY AT THE MAUI POLICE DEPARTMENT (RECORDS DIVISION)
You will need the following documentation prior to completing the application. The application must be completed at the Firearms Section.
- Valid photo identification.
- Permit to acquire application.
- Firearms questionnaire form.
- Mental health waiver form.
- Medical Waiver form.
- Fingerprint card. (First time in-state purchase and $19.25 FBI fingerprinting fee.) FEE CAN CHANGE
- Background check. (Background check includes, but is not limited to, warrant checks, local and national arrest history, local and national criminal history, local and national criminal convictions, any pending cases and TRO's.)
- PISTOL SAFETY COUSE - handgun safety training course affidavit. (Handguns only)
- Proof of U.S citizenship if born outside the United States.
PERMIT TO AQUIRE A HANDGUN
PERMIT IS ONLY GOOD FOR 10 (TEN) DAYS 1 TIME PURCHASE
The following are needed when applying for a permit to acquire a handgun:
- Valid identification that includes a photograph, such as a driver's license, state identification card, military ID, or United States passport. (You must be 21 years old or older to purchase a firearm.)
- Complete an application for permit to acquire firearms with specific information, including: Make, Model, Caliber, Type, (revolver, Semiautomatic,etc), Finish, barrel length, and Serial Number.
- The name, address, and telephone number of the seller.
- A handgun safety training course affidavit, or hunters education card. OFFERED AT HANDLEY'S WAILEA GUN SUPPLY Provide proof of United States citizenship, if born outside of the United States, such as a United States passport, naturalization certificate, or birth certificate.
- If you were convicted of a DUI, you need to bring in a substance abuse assessment from District Court Drivers License Education. (IF counseling was ordered, a medical clearance is also required.)
PERMIT TO AQUIRE LONGGUN
(SHOTGUN OR RIFLE)
PERMIT IS VALID FOR 1 (ONE) YEAR.
The following are needed when applying for a permit to acquire a shotgun or rifle:
- Valid Identification
- Complete an application for permit to acquire a firearm.
- Provide proof of United States Citizenship.
- If you were convicted of a DUI, you need to bring in a substance abuse assessment from District Court Drivers License Education. If counseling was ordered, a medical clearance is also required.
14 DAY WAITING PERIOD
NOTE: After the 14-day waiting period the permit will be valid for only 6 calendar days. Permits not picked up by the 6th day will be voided. Applicants will need to reapply and go through another 14-day waiting period, so please plan accordingly.
REGISTRATION, MANDATORY, EXEMPTIONS
Reference: HRS 134-3
Every person arriving in the state who brings or by any other manner causes to be brought into the state a firearm of any description, whether usable or unusable, serviceable or unserviceable, modern or antique, shall register the firearm within 72 hours (three days) after arrival of the person or firearm, whichever arrives later.
Every person who acquires a firearm pursuant to section 134-2 shall register the firearm in the manner prescribed by this section within five days of acquisition.
Registration shall not be required for:
Any device that is designed to fire loose black powder or that is a firearm manufactured before 1899;
Any device not designed to fire or made incapable of being readily restored to a firing condition; or
All unserviceable firearms and destructive devices registered with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms of the United States Department of the Treasury pursuant to Title 27, Code of Federal Regulations.
After purchase or acquisition of the firearm return to the MPD Firearms Section no later than 5 calendar days with the following.
- Valid photo identification.
- Your original firearms permit.
- The firearm for inspection.
- Complete the firearms registration form and sign the firearms registration card.
INTERSTATE TRANSFER OF FIREARMS
(FFL DEALER TO FFL DEALER)
TRANSFER OUT OF STATE $75+SHIPPING
Firearms may not be mailed or shipped interstate from one non-FFL to another non-FFL. Personally owned rifles and shotguns may be mailed or shipped to an FFL in any state for any lawful purpose, including sale, repair, or customizing. An FFL may ship a firearm or replacement firearm of the same kind and type to a person from whom it was received. Under U.S. Postal regulations, handguns may be sent via the Postal Service only from one FFL to another FFL, or between authorized government officials.
A person may ship a rifle or shotgun to himself, in care of a person who lives in another state, for purposes of hunting.
Firearms or ammunition delivered to a common carrier for shipment must be accompanied by a written notice to the carrier of the contents of the shipment.
firearms in maui guns in maui ammo ammunition shooting range in maui nra pistol safety course handguns rifles ar15 ak47 maui remington ruger mossberg sig sauer colt 1911 p226 gun parts saiga 12 shotguns ffl dealer gun transfer barrett baretta slide fire permit to acquire gsg h&k brown bear silver bear nikon scope magpul red dot smith and wesson m&p